WH Chair: Christine D Quinn, MS, RDN, IFNCP, CDN
Welcome to the Women’s Health DPG of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics—we’re excited to have you as a member!
You’re now part of a community of practitioners dedicated to optimizing the future of women’s health of all ages. Our mission is to support you as the most valued source of nutrition expertise in women's health. Our goals are to build an aligned, engaged, and diverse membership; proactively focus on emerging areas of women's health and nutrition across the lifespan, and ensure that women's health issues are part of public policy and legislative agendas. Achieving these goals begins with you!
Connect with Your Women’s Health DPG
Let us know why women’s health matters to you! Join the conversation on Facebook (@WHDPG), Pinterest, Instagram & Twitter (@womenshealthdpg).
6 Member Benefits You Need to Know
Your membership grants you access to a host of practical resources. Here are six you won’t want to miss:
- Women’s Health E-News: Get women’s health updates and information you need, on a convenient, once-a-month schedule.
- Members-Only Discussion Board: Need expert advice on a pressing clinical question? Looking for a resource but don’t know where to find it? Want to connect with other women’s health professionals and students? Post your question to our discussion board and get the answers you need from dietitians specializing in PCOS, endometriosis, fertility, pregnancy, lactation, menopause, chronic disease, and more.
- Women’s Health Webinars: Stay informed with engaging webinars presented by experts in the field, many with CPE credits. All are free for members!
- Policy Action Alerts: Watch for emails with “WH DPG Take Action,” and respond when you can. Your voice counts for women and our profession!
- Women’s Health Report Electronic Newsletter: Stay up to date with the latest in women’s health research, learn valuable clinical pearls, and enjoy a recipe designed to boost women’s health. The newsletter is published twice a year, and back issues are available on the Women’s Health website.
- WomensHealthDPG.org: You’ll find a wealth of information on the website to enhance your practice, including resources for pregnancy and breastfeeding, menopause, women’s wellness, and career advancement. You’ll also find links to recordings of Women’s Health DPG webinars, past issues of the Women’s Health Report, and Candid Conversations with our student partners—the next generation of women’s health professionals!
Opportunities to Get Involved
Want to meet other women’s health nutrition specialists, build your leadership skills and resume, and help optimize women’s health nutrition? Consider the following:
- Volunteer: We need you! Whether you’re an experienced professional, just starting out, or a student, there are many opportunities available for getting involved with our Executive Committee. If interested, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apply for or nominate a Women’s Health DPG member for one of our awards. Learn more here.
- Follow us on Social Media (links above) and join the conversation.
- Join us during FNCE®: Our monthly e-mails, twice-yearly newsletter, and website will keep you updated about our activities during FNCE® and how to connect.
We’re thrilled to have you as a member of the Women’s Health DPG and look forward to serving your needs as a women’s health nutrition expert.
Christine D Quinn, MS, RDN, IFNCP, CDN
Chair, Women’s Health DPG